Talk

Advanced search

Which breast pump?

(8 Posts)
thefurryone Fri 17-Jun-11 09:38:38

Hi, I have somehow managed to melt another Tommee Tipee pump, so need to get a new one. Never got on that well with it as could only really express when my breasts were very full, I'm sure I saw a post where someone said the type of pump could make a difference to success rates so was wondering if anyone had a recommendation. Thanks

Justtrying Fri 17-Jun-11 10:48:59

i've got a medela swing, been using it for a week now, really simple, can microwave sterilise. Cost 98pounds from babies r us. A lot easier than the tommee tipee hand pump. Does eat batteries when not using the mains.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 17-Jun-11 13:29:03

Different pumps tend to work for different women. I've used an Avent Isis which for me was worse than useless and an Ameda Lactaline with was great. Didn't spent the £100+ on the Lactaline though, got it secondhand for £10.

If you go to a Bfing Support Group you could always ask if anyone has one to lend you so that you can try before you buy smile

Kellymom has got some links on breastpumps here.

HTH.

Primafacie Fri 17-Jun-11 13:48:10

I got a Spectra on Amazon and am happy with it. Not too noisy and does the job. At £50, it is a lot cheaper than many others. You can also buy a separate kit to double express if so inclined. I've been using mine daily for several weeks and never had any problems.

izzybizzybuzzybees Sat 18-Jun-11 17:41:00

I bought a spectra and got on really well with it also.

lucyleonard84 Sat 18-Jun-11 17:46:33

Hi

I had a tomme tippee Electric, it was ok, nothing special, just brought a medela pump in style and its amazing, it gets be about 4-6oz per feed where the tommee was only getting me about 2-3...

It is just a very good product, well packaged and it really works well..

MoreBoober Sat 18-Jun-11 19:17:41

I started out with the tommy tippee (it was on offer) but broke it quite early on so bought a medela swing to replace it. It's not cheap but do get good results with it and it's easy to microwave sterilise. Did have a slight issue with air tube coming off whilst pumping landing in DS's porridge and promptly start to suck up said porridge into the tube grin Serves me right for attempting to multi task wink

thefurryone Sun 19-Jun-11 22:19:09

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now