Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

teething and bf

(5 Posts)
Zimm Fri 17-Jun-11 08:24:23

Help! Ten moth dd is teething and so is refusing to eat and will only breastfeed. This is normal right? I am concerned it is some kind of weaning regression as she goes to nursery soon so I need her day weaned!

shouldbeelswhere Fri 17-Jun-11 10:15:30

I wouldn't worry too much, she's probably just needing the extra comfort when it hurts and she knows that she can fill her hungry tummy without it hurting her sore gums! I know everyone always says it's just a phase but I'm sure it won't last long and you'll have her ready for nursery without any probs.

I found teething powders helped my son (boots own) but they didn't for my DD - they're all different aren't they. You could try bongella before meals?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 17-Jun-11 13:30:29

Perfectly normal Zimm. Try teething powders, ibruprofen or cucumber sticks or all three.

Zimm Fri 17-Jun-11 15:03:09

Ta - this teething is such a pain. Tired, crabby non eating child. Tired, crabby chocolate eating mother....

shouldbeelswhere Fri 17-Jun-11 16:43:45

thankgoodness for choc!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: