Talk

Advanced search

partners drinking breastmilk????? is this normal?

(4 Posts)
babybumpx Thu 16-Jun-11 22:33:35

Ok....I am a little concerned as my partner wants to drink my breastmilk during sex, I am 30 weeks pregnant and i'm worried that he will take the vital nutrients away, not forgetting the weirdness factor or am i just being a prude?

Please be kind and sensitive

TittyBojangles Thu 16-Jun-11 22:48:50

He wont get much at the moment as its just colostrum. He won't take the nutrients away (think of bf an older child while pregnant).

If YOU think it's weird then don't do it, doesnt matter whether anyone on here thinks it's weird or not.

organiccarrotcake Thu 16-Jun-11 23:18:51

It's quite healthy to be discussing this as it almost always comes up one way or another during sex. Firstly, it's perfectly safe for your baby so put that our of your mind smile It's also perfectly safe for him as long as you've got no blood-born diseases that you wouldn't have unprotected sex with anyway.

It's unlikely he'll be able to suckle any milk. It just doesn't work like that, mostly. But you may leak milk anyway (some people do, some never do). You may even squirt milk during sex, especially orgasm. Or not. If nipple play is involved in sex for you normally this can be interesting as your sensation may well change (for better or worse). All this is normal. Some men hate the idea of the milk, some love it, and that's all fine too.

Basically this is something that you need to work out between you, and you're likely to feel differently to how you feel now after the baby's here, anyway (not meaning you're likely to be more up for it, just that it's likely to be different in one way or another). But don't worry, this is something that most people need to work out. Whatever you decide is perfectly fine - there's nothing wrong with doing whatever you want with your body, your milk, your relationship.

FetchezLaVache Thu 16-Jun-11 23:22:59

He won't deprive the baby of any nutrients, there'll be plenty to go around, as it were! Agree with the others, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, the only issue is whether you're comfortable with the idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now