Talk

Advanced search

which do you think is easier?

(10 Posts)
elliejjtiny Wed 15-Jun-11 00:19:27

I normally bf but ff ds3 for 2 weeks to see if neocate formula helped his reflux (it didn't). I found it such a faff (although I was pumping as well to keep my supply going) but most people I know seem to think formula is the easier option. I think bf is easier than ff but maybe I've forgotten how hard the first few weeks are. So what do you think?

mrsjohnsimm Wed 15-Jun-11 00:22:11

I think ff is probably easier in the first few weeks but bf is probably easier once you get to about 8-12 weeks or so. But I have no objective evidence to back that up.

madhattershouse Wed 15-Jun-11 00:24:43

FF...had bloomin nightmare with oldest and had no desire to try it with my twins (never produced enough for 1 hungry baby so refused to even try feeding 2). Bottles are a faff and so is sterilizing...if you can bf do it (cheaper and easier) , but for me ff was by far the better option!

HipHopOpotomus Wed 15-Jun-11 00:28:28

For me def BF is easier. I'm way too lazy to deal with all the mixing sterilising etc. I can just keep a change of clothes, nappies wipes and a muslin in my bag and go anywhere, be anywhere anytime.

At moment DD2 is 6 weeks so I've got her in front pack, and carry small backpack - we are very mobile and relaxed with it

Darnsarfupnorf Wed 15-Jun-11 00:39:14

for me ff is much easier, dd HATED bf (i thought it was me but mw said i wasnt doing anything wrong, it was dd confused)
i was gutted when i realised it really wasnt working but now im glad i changed

the cleaning is a faff BUT from the first day she was on formula she was much more contented, slept through the night (and has done every night since) and has put the weight back on and is now a 'sturdy' 11 week old smile

it is fairly expensive and i hate all the cleaning and sterilising but we are both so much better off for it smile

RitaMorgan Wed 15-Jun-11 07:11:44

If you struggle with breastfeeding for whatever reason, especially in the early weeks, ff probably is easier. But in the normal course of things, particularly after the first few weeks, bf is. No worrying about sterilising, bacteria in powder, heating bottles, cooling bottles etc etc.

rubyslippers Wed 15-Jun-11 07:16:34

Breastfeeding is easier in many ways buut in the early weeks much more intense and all consuming (especially if you have a cluster feeder)

narmada Wed 15-Jun-11 14:39:12

BF is about a million times easier once the first few weeks are done with. I loathe FF my son, BF'd my daughter and we had so much more freedom to come and go as we pleased without having to make sure we had enough pissingbottles.

pretentiouswasteoftime Wed 15-Jun-11 14:49:07

I bottlefed and ..... it was a pain in the arse. Loads of faffing about with bottles, powder, sterilisers and storing. Breastfeeding would have been so much easier for me. Really, really struggled though sad

organiccarrotcake Thu 16-Jun-11 20:20:38

Personally BFing, although it was v tough with DS2 at the beginning (well for months) but still better than FF. DS1 was a dream to BF so no-brainer.

On another note, have you had your baby checked for tongue tie? It can cause reflux.

www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk/2011/05/cause-of-your-babys-refluxwindcolic.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now