Talk

Advanced search

Losing the breastfeeding 'happy hormones'?

(11 Posts)
littlewheel Tue 14-Jun-11 20:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jun-11 10:37:03

It could be just a phase and you will adjust soon or like you say it could be that if you are feeding less at night your periods may be beginning to return.

I'm under the hospital for PMT so you have my sympathies, one thing you could try is taking a vit D and calcium supplement as apparently, many women who suffer from PMT are short of Calcium, well according to the Prof I saw anyway.

littlewheel Wed 15-Jun-11 14:55:11

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jun-11 15:03:28

This is him. Haven't got much time to post but thought you might also like to read this.

littlewheel Wed 15-Jun-11 15:41:55

littlewheel Wed 15-Jun-11 15:53:51

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jun-11 16:36:32

That is exactly how my body reacted both times. The good news is though that it may not be as bad as it was before.

Mine was better whilst I was still bfing and even now, one year on from finishing isn't as bad as it was. At its worst it was 3 weeks of hell. Now we just get a couple of days.

littlewheel Wed 15-Jun-11 19:27:13

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 16-Jun-11 09:54:05

Never heard of her but will have a look, thanks.

Cosmosis Thu 16-Jun-11 14:18:22

I suspect I am going through the same thing atm. I have dropped to 3 bfs and 2 x expressing sessions per day due to return to work and huuuuuuge solids consumption from mr greedypants, and for the past 6 weeks or so I have noticed some pre-period type grumblings from womb area, and I am sooo weepy it's untrue.

littlewheel Thu 16-Jun-11 15:26:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now