Talk

Advanced search

Feeds at 9 weeks?

(3 Posts)
tlise Sun 12-Jun-11 12:14:50

My LO is on 5oz bottles of sma, and has always gone from 12-6 am after her first couple of days.

The last few days though, she is going from her last bottle at 12 to 8/8.30. obviously I know how lucky I am lol, but I am worried she isn't having enough bottles as she is now having 5. As it is I wake her for her last bottle.
before that her routine was 6, 10, 1, 5, 8 and 12 roughly. Now its 8ish, 12,4,8 & 12. She doesn't sleep all day, never has from birth lol, but she has a long sleep late morning and after her lunch time bottle.

She is putting on around half a lb every week, her nappies are full so she is getting enough fluid, but I know normally they have 6 bottles so am worried she will be missing out.

However, if I wake her before she is ready, she would only have 2 0r 3 oz anyway then go to her next bottle, so am I over worrying? none of my others ever went through the night so early, she is baby #6 so you would think I would know by now. I could ask my HV but as they take it in turns to do clinic sometimes its one who weighs and is cleaning the changing mat and handing you the red book back before you have even redressed them, let alone discussed anything sad

tlise Sun 12-Jun-11 12:23:28

actually it doesn't matter. Just checked on sma site and it says 5 feeds at 5 oz. Seeing as she was at 5 oz before 8 weeks I'm not going to worry smile

sarahloula Sun 12-Jun-11 16:20:20

My baby is 8 weeks old and like yours sleeps pretty much through the night going about 8 hours without a feed. She was weighed last Wednesday and is putting on weight nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now