Talk

Advanced search

3 week old, feeding less - me having a BF wobble :(

(6 Posts)
wobblyweeble82 Sat 11-Jun-11 17:27:21

My dd is 24 days old. She's EBF and since birth she's gone from 9lb 2oz to 10lb 9oz (as of last Thurs). Feeding has gone really well but the for the past couple of days she's suddenly feeding less. We were going every 3.5 hrs for a good 15-30mins a go. She seems satisfied, is sleeping, having wet and dirty nappies and having more wakey-wakey time (even a hint of a smile before) but the frequency of her feeds have dropped and she seems to get way too sleepy before I think she's had enough to eat. I'm having a crisis of confidence with the BF now and am worried and fretful. Thanks in advance ladies.

scaryfairy28 Sat 11-Jun-11 18:44:53

Sorry can't help dd only 4 weeks so not experienced but it sounds fine we have hungry days and days where she isn't so hungry.

wobblyweeble82 Sat 11-Jun-11 18:51:15

Thanks scary. I think I must be being especially hormonal today which doesn't help. I forgot how intense these first few weeks are and how strong the maternal drive is ... She's fine really, I just need a bit of reassurance blush. Enjoy your babbie smile

kimberlina Sat 11-Jun-11 18:54:52

You are doing brilliantly. 23oz gain in 3 week. wow grin Lots of new mums will be very envy !

You could always offer the other breast which tends to wake them up and get going again if you really think she's noy had much. My guess is shr jas probably juxt got much more efficient at feeding and is now doing it quicker

kimberlina Sat 11-Jun-11 18:55:41

Whoops - loads of typos - feeding and typing 1 handed ... but I'm sure you get the gist!

wobblyweeble82 Sat 11-Jun-11 19:15:48

Ha ha typos permitted kim smile I like the idea of her being efficient - just like her mother grin Maybe I'm giving myself a bit of a hard time - I just worry! My DS is 7 now and its come a bit of a culture shock having a wee little thing that doesn't tell me when she's hungry or thirsty or tired. I'm needed with bells on again and ooooh, intense! Lovely, don't get me wrong, but intense and thus worrisome! Strangely though, I never worried once about BF with my son. Yes, we'll blame todays hormonal fluctuations ... Thanks again smile [gives self a pat on the back whilst pulling up ones socks]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now