Talk

Advanced search

Question about Medela Swing breast pump

(5 Posts)
OompaLumpa Fri 10-Jun-11 22:36:33

I have got one of these and just opened got 1st time and read the instructions. There is a funnel and little yellow cap or cup included but can't see in instructions what they are actually for! Any ideas?

Alibabaandthe80nappies Fri 10-Jun-11 22:38:34

The tiny cup is to cup feed the baby, not sure about the funnel.

japhrimel Sat 11-Jun-11 19:46:59

There should be 2 funnels to place on your boobs if I remember right. One if the softer silicone one and one is harder as some people prefer that.

CurlyCasper Sat 11-Jun-11 19:59:38

I remember being confused about the two funnels - but it's just as japhrimel says, you have a choice of which one to use. The cup can be a cap for the bottle. It's not a great shape for cup feeding TBH.
BTW it's very easy to replace all parts - just google them. Very handy when you cack-handedly end up snapping the valve blush

fruitybread Sun 12-Jun-11 14:45:21

The little yellow 'cup' is actually a cover/cap/top for the teat of a bottle. It clips into place to cover the teat and keep it sterile (well - keep it clean, at any rate) if for example you put the bottle in a bag and take it out with you.

If I was cup feeding I would choose something else that was a better shape for tilting to a baby's mouth.

(Why they can't say what that yellow cap is in the instructions, I don't know. My first thought was '...am I to be downing shots while I BF?')

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: