Talk

Advanced search

Question about Medela Swing breast pump

(5 Posts)
OompaLumpa Fri 10-Jun-11 22:36:33

I have got one of these and just opened got 1st time and read the instructions. There is a funnel and little yellow cap or cup included but can't see in instructions what they are actually for! Any ideas?

The tiny cup is to cup feed the baby, not sure about the funnel.

japhrimel Sat 11-Jun-11 19:46:59

There should be 2 funnels to place on your boobs if I remember right. One if the softer silicone one and one is harder as some people prefer that.

CurlyCasper Sat 11-Jun-11 19:59:38

I remember being confused about the two funnels - but it's just as japhrimel says, you have a choice of which one to use. The cup can be a cap for the bottle. It's not a great shape for cup feeding TBH.
BTW it's very easy to replace all parts - just google them. Very handy when you cack-handedly end up snapping the valve blush

fruitybread Sun 12-Jun-11 14:45:21

The little yellow 'cup' is actually a cover/cap/top for the teat of a bottle. It clips into place to cover the teat and keep it sterile (well - keep it clean, at any rate) if for example you put the bottle in a bag and take it out with you.

If I was cup feeding I would choose something else that was a better shape for tilting to a baby's mouth.

(Why they can't say what that yellow cap is in the instructions, I don't know. My first thought was '...am I to be downing shots while I BF?')

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now