Talk

Advanced search

feeds for four week old

(6 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Thu 09-Jun-11 09:44:53

how many times a day / night is normal at this stage?
also know its not really for this section but how long should she be awake for each day?

DialMforMummy Thu 09-Jun-11 10:35:17

Are you bf or ff?
I ffed and let me tell you, my LO never followed the instructions on the box. He could not last more then three hours btw feeds. I think that at the age they are meant to sleep most of the time still. But then, all babies are different.
What are you worried about?

scaryfairy28 Thu 09-Jun-11 10:40:05

I was just curious really. Shes feeding at least 12 times a day and is bf

DialMforMummy Thu 09-Jun-11 10:46:44

I think that's fine.

RitaMorgan Thu 09-Jun-11 11:49:07

12 feeds sounds normal. Think they're usually either feeding or sleeping still - my ds combined both.

diyqueen Thu 09-Jun-11 12:07:00

I don't know if I could even have counted the feeds at that age, life was one continuous feed! (though she did tend to tank up all evening and then be able to sleep in 3 hour chunks in the night most of the time). The awake times varied enormously from day to day and still do (10 weeks now) - some days she'd have a couple of long naps and be awake the rest of the time, and some days she would catnap after feeds throughout the day. Do I remember right you posted before about having a cs? If that's you I hope it went well and you're recovering well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now