Talk

Advanced search

Where have my boobs gone???!!!

(6 Posts)
IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 07-Jun-11 21:58:40

I have always had large breasts, at my smallest I was a 32DD. Before I was pregnant I was 34E and went up to 34G while bfeeding.

I stopped bfing over two weeks ago and my boobs have disappeared! I went round to my sister to get my pre-pregnancy bras back and I don't even half fill them!! We have estimated that I am now a 32C!!!!! They are really droopy and I can tuck them into my armpits, they are also very wrinkly where there is so much extra skin :-( My mum, who has bfed two babies for 14-16 months each, was in shock at the state of them!

Is this normal? Will it get better? Do I need to get saving for a spot of "help"?

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 07-Jun-11 21:59:07

(I fed for 13 months, so less than my mum)

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 07-Jun-11 22:13:20

bumpety bump!

RockChick1984 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:29:24

Can't speak from personal experience ( my boobs were non-existant pre-pregnancy and only just stopped bf-ing) but I know my step sister had this problem, I'm sorry to say that they never filled back up to her pre-pregnancy size ( she went from a DD to a B cup) but no idea on the droopy/wrinkly aspect! Really sorry, I'm sure this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I'm sure everyone is different, they may regain their normal oomph at a later date or maybe after another baby?

herethereandeverywhere Wed 08-Jun-11 22:15:28

Don't panic! I think most ladies boobs go through the half-empty-waterballoon sagging look when they give up bf, mine certainly did, and all my NCT buddies. The good news is that over the next 12 months they've sort of filled back up again, even though I've lost a bit of weight (friends have said theirs have too).

I think when all the bf equipment inside your boobs winds down then a space is left, hence sagging which eventually fills/fattens back up again. Mine are about 95% as good as pre bf days (if I say so myself).

Keep the faith, they'll improve - honest! smile

KD0706 Thu 09-Jun-11 09:10:53

No personal experience but I had heard that when all the extra milk making stuff goes away/shrinks, your boobs do go saggy and horrid. But that over time the fat returns to your boobs and they look better. No idea whether they are likely to return to pre pregnancy state.

I'm not looking firward to stopping feeding as pre pregnancy I was a 32b. Went up to 32f and now back down to 32dd, but I love my new boobs so much I don't want to lose them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now