Talk

Advanced search

Refusing the bottle...

(3 Posts)
tlat Tue 07-Jun-11 18:52:01

Hi...ANY help/ advice would be appreciated! DD has mainly been breastfed and is 7 weeks now. When I say mainly, she has had 4 bottles of formula, once a day in the evenings when I had a cold last week and I was exhausted. She did have 2 bottles in her first week as it was a rather traumatic delivery. She has my cold this week...so I was hoping to give her an evening bottle to try to get her to sleep longer for a good rest...well for both of us! But for the last week, I have tried every evening and FAILED!
We have tried 3 types of bottles, 3 types of formula (Although she did take a bit of SMA it gave her a botchy rash...did so in her first week too...we just didn't link it to the formula)! Help!

Albrecht Wed 08-Jun-11 10:09:18

Is it a stuffy nose cold - might just be a temporary thing in that case.

If it was me I'd ditch the bottle for now and save my energy. Have you tried feeding lying down? Then you can also get a rest.

greeneone12 Wed 08-Jun-11 10:13:18

There are LOADS of threds on here about bottle refusal. Have a search and they should come up easily enough. I personally wouldn't ditch the bottle as we left it too long to try again and I regret it. I wish we had persisted more in the early days. I hope you crack it. Can you express as she is more likely to take a bottle with your milk in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: