Talk

Advanced search

When you gave up bfeeding a toddler did you notice any side effects?

(6 Posts)
muttimalzwei Sun 05-Jun-11 22:18:29

Just that my 2 year old son hasn't had any bmilk for about 2 weeks and he has taken to screaming a lot more and seeming generally a bit more niggled by life. Is this my fault for going cold turkey on him? I had cut down to mornings only and then I stopped, although I have let him go on for about a minute twice when he was very upset. Oh dear have I gone about this the wrong way? Any advice/shared experiences would be welcome x

muttimalzwei Sun 05-Jun-11 22:21:19

I think I mean withdrawal symptoms..

mawbroon Mon 06-Jun-11 08:29:55

Side effects for the child you mean?

Yes. DS1's behaviour altered dramatically any time I tried to night wean him. He was ok at first and then after about 3 weeks, he found it very hard to behave well during the day. I went back to nightfeeding and he instantly went back to being his old self.

I stopped him (supposedly for good) on his 5th birthday and after 6 weeks, he was having real difficulty coping without it, so we resumed again and he was right as rain and now often goes several days without asking.

Do you want to resume not? I think you have to be very clear in your mind and stick to it one way or the other.

muttimalzwei Mon 06-Jun-11 17:33:06

I'm not sure, I think he missed it a lot and it might imp[rove his behaviour..

muttimalzwei Mon 06-Jun-11 17:36:42

but I really felt that we had come to the end of a chapter and I was quite relieved in a way but he is still pulling at my top three weeks in...I'm not sure what alternative to offer him. Cuddles and reading, but he's still reaching down my top. When I say to him not to, he gets a bit upset. Not easy really...

winnybella Mon 06-Jun-11 17:36:56

Nope, DD is 2.5. Tantrummy demon, as usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now