Talk

Advanced search

Cutting down on BFing - very lopsided!

(5 Posts)
fifitot Sun 05-Jun-11 21:02:17

Been BFing 10 m but have got DS onto a bottle during day but still doing 2-3 nightfeeds. I have always had oversupply in right breast but it's worse since cutting back on BFing. Despite going slowly and cutting down gradually, my right breast is still getting massive and engorged by about 6pm, despite it not being needed until 10 -iyswim. The other side has sorted itself out totally.

I don't want to pump as will encourage more milk but am waiting for this breast to adjust and it isn't! It is so noticeable, I can't wear tightish tops and am totally fed up.

What can I do?????????? Will it stay like this when BFing stops?

jabberwocky Sun 05-Jun-11 21:04:26

I had this problem with ds2. For some reason doing hand expressing to relieve the engorgement was the only thing that helped. Pumping, as you said, only made it worse but I was so very uncomfortable that I had to do something.

fifitot Sun 05-Jun-11 22:03:57

did it eventually sort itself out? If so, when? Am very worried I will end up like this permanently!

jabberwocky Sun 05-Jun-11 22:06:37

Yes, it did eventually even out after ds1 finally weaned. Part of my problem was that he always preferred the one side anyway and the last month or so he decided to wean off one but not the other confused I can't remember exactly how long it took them to completely even out, maybe months or so? I just put a nursing pad in one side for a while if I was wearing something that made it really obvious.

Dilligaf81 Sun 05-Jun-11 22:10:48

Hi I was like this with all four of my DC's I also hand expressed and the lopsidedness evened itself out about 2-3 mths after I stopped feeding (thank god).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: