Talk

Advanced search

Bf and thrush

(4 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Sat 04-Jun-11 08:40:33

HV gave me a prescription for thrush medication for me and DD the stuff for Dd makes her sick but also it doesn't say if I should clean off the stuff for me before feeding can anyone help? Think it's just cannesten cream for me.

RitaMorgan Sat 04-Jun-11 09:46:49

What is it for DD? It shouldn't make her sick, it should just be treating her mouth rather than her swallowing it - ask for something else.

If it's canestan for you just wipe any visibile residue off your nipples before the next feed.

Pesephone Sat 04-Jun-11 18:37:12

I'd recomend getting hold of the BFN Thrush leaflet to take along to your GP and get them to rx Fluconozole at the dose suggested in the leaflet for Thrush.

By making you DD sick do you mean she actually vomits? or is it a case of her retching afterward? is it drops (Nystatin) or gel (Dactarin). You don't say how old your DD is? is she over 4 months.

scaryfairy28 Sat 04-Jun-11 18:42:27

She's three weeks it's nystatin that they've given her. It's makes her bring up some of her milk nothing horrific but she usually holds onto all of her feed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: