Talk

Advanced search

Some advice and experiences needed please!

(6 Posts)
imissbluesky Fri 03-Jun-11 20:26:01

DD will be 1 next week. I work 4 days a week (since she was 10 months old)and until today expressed once or twice (if I had the time) in the day managing around 120ml for her to sip on during the day. She has never been very keen on expressed milk but has drunk all I expressed in the day.

When I'm with her she breastfeeds 2-3 times in the day when I would normally be at work and she also does morning and evening feeds which I'm hoping got continue. She sometimes also has a feed at night.

I'm wondering whether to continue breastfeeding her in the day when I'm with her or should I stop if I'm not going to be expressing? I want to do the former but not sure if she would miss it when I'm not here. My gut feeling is that she will adapt. Any ideas?

AngelDog Fri 03-Jun-11 20:35:52

I think she'll adapt fine.

Your breasts are amazing and will sort things out. smile

imissbluesky Fri 03-Jun-11 20:45:04

Thanks for replying so quickly angeldog.
I'm hoping she'll adapt and am probably overthinking this smile

bumble34 Fri 03-Jun-11 20:51:00

i went back to work when my ds was 10mths by 11months i just couldn't get enough fron expressing to be worth giving it to him so gave up. On work days he fed morning and evening with cows milk inbetween On home days as often as he wanted usually 4 feeds in total. No problems then he gradually dropped the day feed altogether and self weaned at 16 months. i thought it would be really hard but he and my boobs just adapted to me working

imissbluesky Fri 03-Jun-11 21:35:55

Thanks bumble34, it's helpful to hear. Not sure what to do about cow's milk. Was thinking of just giving her water with food and yoghurt when at work. How much cow's milk did you give?

Cosmosis Sat 04-Jun-11 11:25:09

I agree, I think she will adapt fine, as will your boobs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now