Talk

Advanced search

Baby eats and sleeps all night and is awake NOT EATING all day!! Help please!

(2 Posts)
debka Fri 03-Jun-11 20:00:45

16 weeks old and wakes up 3x a night for feeds (is bf). She goes straight back to sleep after each one, but it's just exhausting still being up so often. During the day I offer her a feed about every 3 hours but she barely takes anything, and her nappies aren't as wet as I'd expect. She is healthy and happy and growing so for her it's not a problem but for me it is! I have a 2yo to run after too! Any advice?

nethunsreject Fri 03-Jun-11 20:07:10

She might be taking more than you think in the day. Some babies are incredibly efficient! I was surprised by ds2.

3x a night is really not at all bad. In fact it is better than my 1yr old, but that;s another story wink

Sadly the toddler means no rest in the day which is really tough going. Is she due to go to a playgroup or anthig soon? Or cut yourslef some slack and stick the telly on for a bit. This time is very hard, but very short.

Would you consider co-sleeping with the baby to maximise rest? Not everyone's cup of tea, but worth a thought?

Offer her every 2 hrs, see if that helps too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now