Talk

Advanced search

Interesting blog...

(6 Posts)
foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 19:34:19

link

RitaMorgan Thu 02-Jun-11 19:51:51

Sounds like she was treated appallingly (hope she complains) but if the wording of the rules is "only what's needed on the flight" then technically she may not have been allowed to fly with the milk.

MamaChocoholic Thu 02-Jun-11 20:13:20

I'm amazed so many comment agreeing with the blogger tbh. the ban on liquids has been well publicised. it can be argued that the ban does nothing to improve security, but whilst it's in place, why would she expect an exception to be made for bm that is not required during the flight? why not check it as luggage? she was obviously carrying a fair quantity ("bags of 150ml").

GetThePartyStarted Thu 02-Jun-11 21:54:33

I am trying to be sympathetic, and I can see how frustrating it must be to leave your baby and spending all that time expressing and then have your milk be wasted, but really, she was being impractical to think they would let her take the milk on the plane. You are allowed to take milk in excess of the standard 100ml to feed your child who is with you on that plane journey, not to carry several litres of liquid onto a plane because you want to take it home with you. surely anyone with any sense would had thought that through?

I also suspect she deleted any comment that did not say "right on sister! Those nestle sponsored formula fascists! Trying to kill your baby and take away your riiiiiiiiiiiiights!!!!"

RitaMorgan Thu 02-Jun-11 21:59:04

To be fair, it does sound like security were unnecessarily rude and unpleasant.

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 22:10:43

She was treated badly but I also thought that it does say you can only take what you need on the flight, why on earth did she not check it in, also I would have thought the hold would be cooler than the plane (ie if I buy cheese abroad always put in hold in freezer bag).

Maybe she didn't check anything in hold, but thats not the airline security's problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: