Talk

Advanced search

Expressing at work - How old was your LO when you stopped?

(7 Posts)
Lynzjam Thu 02-Jun-11 12:15:39

I'm looking to hear folks experiences here.

I went back to work when DD was 7 months old. I have been expressing twice a shift until this week where I've started expressing only the once half way through my shift.

I am just wondering when it would be ok for DD to go all day (8 hours, sometimes less depending on what shift I'm on) at her grannies without a milk feed.

At the moment we feed before I go to work, when I get home, before bed, and usually once through the night and now gets one bottle of EBM at grannies. DD is now coming up for 9 months of age.

What do you reckon?

throckenholt Thu 02-Jun-11 12:25:44

my ds wouldn't drink milk (of any kind, mine, formula or cows) from a bottle or a cup - but would drink water. So any milk I expressed got used for making milky food. I gave up about 9 months old, and just BF when I was with him before and after work and on the days when I didn't work (worked part time). It worked well for us until he weaned at just over 1.

CMOTdibbler Thu 02-Jun-11 12:29:11

14 months - but ds was a right milk monster and needed a day time feed till then

Lynzjam Thu 02-Jun-11 12:35:44

I get the feeling my DD is not really bothered about milk! She only feed for a couple of minutes at a time and never feeds to sleep now!

Thanks for sharing smile

Cosmosis Thu 02-Jun-11 13:42:18

I think she should be ok, especially if you make sure she eats lots of things like yoghurt, milk in food etc.

My DS is the same age and I only leave one bottle of ebm for him now, I'm still expressing twice a day but not sure how long I'll carry that on for.

PenguinArmy Thu 02-Jun-11 15:00:39

10 months and from 7 months she was on 1x3oz bottle. Also she had no dairy in the day but still(s) wakes in the night so I fed her then as well.

jaggythistle Sat 04-Jun-11 05:28:18

probably 11ish months.

after that DH offered a small cup of cow's milk at bedtime and i either fed ds or expressed a wee bit when i got in, till supply got used to no expressing. which was quite quickly i think.

dropped day time expressing a bit earlier, didn't note when though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now