Talk

Advanced search

Question from first time mum

(8 Posts)
Justtrying Thu 02-Jun-11 07:53:37

DD is 3 days old today EBF which seems ok in so far we have plenty of wet nappies and she's settled but we haven't had a dirty nappy in 24 hours should i be worried?
She's fed every 3 hrs through the night with good latch and i've got plenty of milk. She was quite unsettled yesterday afternoon with i think colic, rubbing her tummy eased it and she passed lots of wind both ends. But she's been settled since 0030, fed 3 times and is settled each time after feeding for 20-40 mins a time, does it sound normal to you?

Justtrying Thu 02-Jun-11 07:54:49

Quick addition , we had lots of dirty nappies day 1 and a couple day 2.

Jen2727 Thu 02-Jun-11 09:25:17

It all sounds perfectly normal to me but if you are worried, mention it to your midwife on her next visit. Congratulations on your DD!x

LisMcA Thu 02-Jun-11 09:27:33

We had this around day 3 into day 4. Be warned the poonami is on the way grin

Congratulations, DS is 4 weeks and the change to fast, enjoy every minute!

LisMcA Thu 02-Jun-11 09:28:16

they <sleep deprived emoticon>

RitaMorgan Thu 02-Jun-11 09:39:48

When is the midwife next seeing you? It's probably absolutely fine but worth mentioning to her just in case.

lilham Thu 02-Jun-11 11:27:45

I found this page on kellymon really useful. The only thing is I found waking a newborn up every 2 hours is a bit extreme. I waited for 3ish hours to wake her.

Justtrying Thu 02-Jun-11 14:31:55

Thanks for the advice, straight after posting, we had a dirty nappy, so i've relaxed a bit now. Mw coming again tomorrow. Expecting a call from breast feeding advisor at some point, but i think things are ok, boobs getting a bit tender as my milk comes in but nothing major.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now