Talk

Advanced search

Do you need to give water with mix feeding?

(7 Posts)

I am going to Turkey end of June, it is suppose to be very hot (hurrah) my 7month old DD is currently mix fed. Out of 5 feeds she has 3 breast and 2 formula by the time we are on holiday it will be 2 breast and 3 formula. With this combination will I need to offer water as well?

Thanks.

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 01-Jun-11 21:15:50

Personally I would increase her bf. Do you not give her water withe her solid meals? Giving her water when she is eating solids should be suffucient.

I am not looking to increase her breastfeeds I am happy with giving the 7am and 6pm (and any night feeds) as breast but am more likely to give up b\f entirely then increase. She is being BLW and is still mostly playing, do you think I should start offering water with the meals?

RitaMorgan Wed 01-Jun-11 22:02:46

Yes, I would offer water with meals.

Thanks I will try that smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 02-Jun-11 11:21:58

Give the water in a cup, as this will get her used to drinking water from a cup.

TBH as she takes in more solids and water, you could probably drop some of the formula feeds without increasing the number of breastfeeds.

Thanks I know that she should be starting to think about dropping the mid morning formula feed, but her food intake is so variable that sometimes she wolfs it down and sometimes ignores it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now