Talk

Advanced search

bf freezer storage - NOT - bags

(6 Posts)
sleepdodger Wed 01-Jun-11 19:29:20

I've read its ok to freeze b milk in ice cube/ food trays, if i do this how is it best to steralise the container, i usually use a microwave one?
does anyone do this rather than strage bags i just figured it would be cheaper in long run....

going Wed 01-Jun-11 19:32:03

How about these pots. I'm sure you can sterilse them.

SarkyLady Wed 01-Jun-11 19:38:53

I used the bigger Avent semi-disposable pots. I used them for BM and then for weaning. 6 years on they are still very useful for freezing child size portions of stuff. Easy to label with dates on the lid with a marker.
I think they come in either 6 or 8 oz.

PenguinArmy Wed 01-Jun-11 20:09:25

I have heard of people freezing them in ice-trays before and then transferring to a bag. I believe every cube is about 1oz so you can just pick out how many cubes you want for a feed. Not done it myself.

Just wash it in really hot soapy water, or chuck it in your normal steriliser if it can handle it (or get some cold water tablets)

TruthSweet Wed 01-Jun-11 20:27:10

I used ice cube trays and I found some great ones in IKEA that were ice sticks that were really easy to pop in to bottles.

I also used these little tubs from Asda that were about 25p each so I got loads. They held about 2-3oz and I still use them for mini breadsticks/carrot sticks/snacks foe lunch boxes or picnics.

I washed in hot soapy water and air dried before using.

sleepdodger Sat 04-Jun-11 22:05:46

Fab thanks all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: