Talk

Advanced search

Will missing a feed for 16 hours cause problems?

(3 Posts)
Clareada Tue 31-May-11 23:26:45

Hi All
My baby is 8 months old and going to hen do on Saturday will be the first time I will have missed his bedtime feed. I'd like some advice on whether this would be more trouble than it's worth.
Basically, I'll be able to give him a feed at about 2pm, then when he wakes up at 6am.
I have trouble expressing and realistically will really not feel like attempting it when I get back late in the evening.
I'm not too worried about him settling with his daddy and a bottle (if he doesn't I can always come home), but am worried that it may cause problems for my breasts: blocked ducts or mastitis.
We are babyled weaning so he doesn't take as much as he used to now he's on three meals a day; during the afternoon he feeds more to quench his thirst than anything so am thinking my breasts are getting more and more adaptable, but still, 16 hours! too long? What do you think?
x

Chunkamatic Tue 31-May-11 23:34:22

I did exactly this at about the same age - although I took my breast pump with me (mine was an evening do so I stayed over the night and came home in morning). He was fine but my breasts were full and I did need to express just to be comfortable. So, if you are getting home late in the evening you may find that you are so uncomfortable you feel you have to express, iyswim. On the other hand you might be totally ok.

Clareada Wed 01-Jun-11 15:57:19

thanks! Will get a pump ready just in case. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: