Talk

Advanced search

Top tips to survive cluster feeding/ growth spurt

(5 Posts)
soppypreggyloon Tue 31-May-11 14:59:01

I'm hanging!

Dd is 5.5 weeks and as well as having had a tt which meant frequent little feeds dd is now feeding every 1.5h max!
Lost count of how many feeds today. She had 4oz ff ad still wanted more straight away!
I am literally drained and so tired.
Poor toddler ds is feeling neglected and I've just nodded off while feeding dd- leaving ds to play on own/ watch cbeebies/ wake me up! blush

How do you get through it?

soppypreggyloon Tue 31-May-11 14:59:52

Should have added I am mostly bf but do some ff to give my poor sore bits a chance to heal.

CountBapula Tue 31-May-11 15:02:51

Chocolate. Cake. Chocolate cake. And DVDs grin

Mind you, I've only had one so not sure how you manage with a toddler too. You can feed in some wrap slings but I never tried it - could be a hands-free option though if you could master it?

MedicalEd Tue 31-May-11 16:01:22

Hello Soppy,
Sounds like the dreaded week 6 growth spurt.
My DD1 also had a tt and is now 13 weeks. I express so hubby can do some feeds when work allows.
During the growth spurts it means I can hand her over after early morning feed and go back to sleep knowing he can handle the next one.
Hang in there, the spurts shouldn't last more than a few days.

soppypreggyloon Tue 31-May-11 16:01:34

Sling feeding isn't a possibility as I need to be extra careful of latch because dd has bad habits from tt. sad
Run out of choc too and feeds make it nightmare leaving house- tried twice and failed today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: