Talk

Advanced search

Just gave bf 8wo a bottle of formula...she seems much more satisfied!???

(6 Posts)
cockle84 Sun 29-May-11 17:20:07

Just gave BF 8wo a bottle of formula..she seems so much more satisfied than when I feed her. Is this a sign that she hasn't been getting what she needs from me?

nenevomito Sun 29-May-11 18:27:39

How does she seem more satisfied?

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Sun 29-May-11 18:28:33

Absolutly not.

Please don't read what i'm about to say as having a go. No doubt you have good reason to give fm and that makes it the right thing for you to do. smile

Bm is very easily digested. The frequent feeding of a bf baby is the natural feeding pattern.

Fm is harder to digest. It doesn't mean they are more satisfied. I think of it as being like that post xmas dinner feeling.

If you intend to continue mixed feeding please seek advice as to how to do it without risking your supply.

If you intend to stop bf please seek advice on doing so without risk of mastitus/hormone crash.

Also, at risk of sounding patronising, please be sure you are making up ff according to the guidelines (ie with 70 degree water)

smile

cockle84 Sun 29-May-11 18:37:29

thank you. I am starting to introduce formula because I need to leave her for a few hours and can't express enough milk to last enough time. I expressed while my husband gave her the bottle so don't think I'm risking supply issue etc. She just seems much more full, relaxed and a lot less windy!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Sun 29-May-11 19:00:04

More full doesn't equall better imo. If she is normally windy after a bf i wonder if she could have an intolerance of something in your diet? Not something i'd know about really though.

Expressing is good, was just checking. smile

VivaLeBeaver Sun 29-May-11 19:06:12

You can try taking fennel tea and thats meant to help with wind, it'll pass through your breast milk in small quantities and help. Not sure if you can get it in tablet form as the tea is a bit grim.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: