Talk

Advanced search

Wanting to slowly switch to formula....

(2 Posts)
DialsMavis Sun 29-May-11 14:06:38

DD is almost 7 months and takes a bottle quite happily when I am at work or when we are out and about (she is too nosy to BF anywahere but a silent room). She currently feeds:
upon waking 7am ish
10am ish
2 or 3pm
6ish before bed.
Weaning is going very well so she eats tons too.
I would like to stop BF by the end of July but am not sure which order I should switch the feeds to formula in?
I am thinking the day time ones should go 1st for my own comfort more than anyhing and the fact she is a monkey to feed in public anyway. Then which after that?

She will be almost 9 months by the time I stop so would I be dropping the mid morning feed by then anyway? if so should I keep that until last?
That means I should be able to drop a feed every 10-14 days, does all of that sound OK?

MsInterpret Mon 30-May-11 10:12:14

Sounds about right from my experience.

By the time I switched, DD was 10months and had already dropped the day feeds. We started giving her a bottle at night so DH could put her to bed. I still fed her in the morning so we could have cosy time together (and not have to venture downstairs for milk!) Eventually that one went to a bottle too when she became less interested in boob. And shortly after we were on cow's milk.

Dropping the afternoon one first might just mean your tea-time comes forward a bit at first - we have tea about 5-5.30 then milk at 6.30ish bedtime.

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now