Talk

Advanced search

Could DD be lactose intolerant?

(2 Posts)
niamh29 Sat 28-May-11 20:55:22

My DD is 2 months and FF, up until 10 days ago she had semi-solid poos about every 2 days, then suddenly she started having runny liquid poos every 2-3 hrs, they are very smelly and she struggles to get them out. I took her to the doctor who checked her out physically and sent a stool sample away to check for infection/virus but not lactose intolerance, that came back normal and doctor said it could be mild lactose intolerance but she doesn't really think it is cause she doesnt have a sore bottom. She said I could try a lactose free formula but as long as she is gaining weight she should be fine. I am really confused cause I don't really want to change formula unless I have to but I don't think these nappies are normal either. Does anyone else have any experience of this?

TruthSweet Sat 28-May-11 21:37:02

Some babies can get a temporary lactose intolerance following on from a stomach upset and some require lactose free formula (if already formula fed). If you think she might be more comfortable on lactose free for a few days/weeks you can aways try it as the Dr suggested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now