Talk

Advanced search

Disappearing AF & breastfeeding

(9 Posts)
LunaticFringe Fri 27-May-11 21:39:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cosmosis Fri 27-May-11 22:22:48

I think it's normal for your cycle to be a bit haywire at first, so you may find you have long gaps between periods.

kaj32 Fri 27-May-11 22:27:22

I've been breast feeding for a year and didn't have a period for 11 months. It's very normal.

flowerfairy Fri 27-May-11 22:36:35

I also seem to have had a disappearing AF as seemed to have one around 6 weeks, then occasional little bleeds which last no more than a couple of days. DD is now 13 wks and thought as she is now sleeping through the night i would be landed with regular periods (happened with ds about 6-8wks then normal periods). So am feeling strangely relieved that they seem to have disappeared again.

LunaticFringe Fri 27-May-11 22:55:31

LunaticFringe Fri 27-May-11 22:57:22

BertieBotts Fri 27-May-11 23:00:41

Apparently having a period at around 6-8 weeks is completely normal and is part of the lochia, sort of like the withdrawal bleeds you get when on the pill, ie an effect of the pregnancy hormones leaving your system. But it's just a one off thing.

Then if you are breastfeeding you often don't get another one until feeds start to drop off a bit - was 18 months for me, but it varies smile

Pootle78 Sat 28-May-11 00:23:56

SImilar issues here, even though I am only expressing, 3 times a day. Ds is 16 weeks and had af at 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks, then it went awol for 7 weeks and when it did appear was really light, not what I was used to, but having poas 3 times with a -'ve I think it probably takes a while for our bodies to adjust. Fingers crossed af continues under it's new guise!

MamaChocoholic Sat 28-May-11 07:04:11

Af returned regular as clockwork at 6 weeks with ds1. This time hsve had 3 in 7 months, at irreguar intervals. Think no af, regular af, or anything in between is all within normal!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: