Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

disposable bottles

(6 Posts)
skgnome Thu 26-May-11 17:34:34

I'm flying with a 5 month old on a trasatlantic flight (18hrs). I do not want to fly with 6 bottles on my carry on and a friend told me about disposable bottles or some bags she saw once that work like bottle liners (i.e. bag goes in bottle so you just need one bottle)
Has anyone used them before? What made are they? where can I get them?
I'm using avent bottles at the moment, baby doesn't likes tomme tippe

MigGril Thu 26-May-11 17:40:34

You can get the single use disposable bottle in boot's. Haven't hurd of the liner things before.

Seona1973 Thu 26-May-11 18:36:07

avent used to do the liner bottle things but I dont think they do any more. Tommee Tippee do single use Steri Bottles. Avent now do the Via cups which you could use with your existing teats. There is an Avent Via feeding system that comes with some cups, a lid and a feeding adaptor to fit the teat onto the cup.

Seona1973 Thu 26-May-11 18:40:22

playtex do a bottle with drop in liners but I suppose you would still need a supply of sterilised teats to go with it.

tigermummy35 Thu 26-May-11 19:58:07

Boots do a couple of different ones. Tommee Tippee and Vital Baby. They come in packs of 5 (the TT ones) and both are available in a range of different teat flows. I had to buy some yesterday when I forgot to take a bottle out with me (oops).

A friend used them on a flight recently but her DS didn't take to them at all, I guess he didn't like the teat. My DS was fine yesterday. If it were me, I would try one at home, just in case. They are not expensive.

skgnome Fri 27-May-11 15:41:12

thabks, yes planning to try some at home and see what DD thinks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: