Talk

Advanced search

Where can i buy a breastfeeding tankini or swimming costume

(16 Posts)
elfandsafeT Wed 25-May-11 10:54:52

Currently exclusively bf DD2. Going on hols in July and been looking for breast feeding swimwear. I can find loads of maternity stuff but nothing so far for breastfeeding - does it exist?

I usually spend most of the day hanging out round the pool, so i think it will be really unconvenient trying to haul the norks out all the time - help!

MooM00 Wed 25-May-11 10:59:48

Carriwell do one, but maybe layers would work, 2 tankini tops, pull one up and stretch one down.

MooM00 Wed 25-May-11 11:02:20

half price at boots but very dull.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elfandsafeT Wed 25-May-11 11:21:28

Thanks that's great the clevermummy ones look better and i[m an 18/20 so right sizes, at least in some styles

MockingbirdsNotForSale Wed 25-May-11 15:16:28

I bought one the other day from Mothercare- Its black, with a tummy toning bit and cups like a Bravado bra. I recommend one size higher than you are to accommodate boobage if you're on the large side in that department.

elfandsafeT Wed 25-May-11 17:12:37

Great tip thanks, couldn't find them before as they were in Maternity swimwear, they have a tankini and go up to size 20. Good to have a couple of options

4pudding Wed 25-May-11 20:28:50

I used a triangle bikini, and the bikini top is like a "tah-dah!!!!" breastfeeding curtain! Then have a scarf/muslin draped over the top of the book while feeding.

4pudding Wed 25-May-11 20:29:34

Sorry just saw you are a size 18, I've got much smaller boobs so might not work for you.

MassagesDeclinedByNetmums Wed 25-May-11 20:42:40

I bought bandeau bikinis so I could pull them down without flopping out both boobs, worked quite well for me. Am a 16/38E, so felt a bit flabby, but had little DS with me so clearly had a reason for it!! smile

If you are a bit shy, I'd say wear a bikini top under a normal tankini, and you can pull the tankini top down and the bikini up, so keeping yourself covered

Gemtubbs Wed 25-May-11 20:45:00

I just bought the mothercare 1 in black as well. Nice unclippy bf type straps. Had to get a size 18 for the boobies although I'm normally a 16. and the bottoms part of it looks like massive Bridget Jones types, but the scary thing is that they fit. :S

organiccarrotcake Wed 25-May-11 20:46:01

I didn't like the mothercare tankini and sent it back. It was a while ago so I can't really remember but I think the drop cup wasn't great. I have their one-piece in black which has a shoulder drop-cup like a nursing bra. It's ok but it's a nork-out job as it drops and reveals the whole breast. I usually tie a light wrap around my waist to swim in so I generally just undo it and drape it over my shoulder when I feed like that. Normally, out of the water I don't use a cover or muslin but I just feel too whop-em-out for my own comfort without a drape.

Alternatively any tankini would do as you could lift and feed under the top like lifting a tee-shirt and would be more discreet than my nursing 2-piece. But after 2 babies and lots of chocolate I'm really not a 2-piece swimming costume person!

ludlowawheh Tue 09-Apr-13 12:53:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BuntyCollocks Tue 09-Apr-13 13:28:32

ludlo harsh.

OP - why not just get a normal halter neck and whap one out at a time?

Twattybollocks Tue 09-Apr-13 14:06:17

You can get the clips for nursing bras on eBay and convert one that you already have assuming you are able to sew or know someone who can. I found this a better option than the somewhat dull selection that's available from maternity wear stores. Also I'm rather an odd size so I found this easier than trying to find something I like that fits.
Ludlo - whilst it's true that you can find almost everything on eBay, I wouldn't buy a used swim suit, and the new stuff on there is generally of dubious quality I find.

leedy Tue 09-Apr-13 14:45:20

I have this one in green - bit pricy but looks nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now