Talk

Advanced search

HELP Really need some super absorbant breast pads

(10 Posts)
DirtyBit Tue 24-May-11 21:28:08

I am resembling a cow and producing so much milk that I am expressing around 60ml milk from each boob 3 or 4 times a day as well as feeding directly from the breast.

Once I start leaking I don't stop and am fed up of having a soaked top sad

Normal breast pads are just getting saturated, then I leak through.
Can anyone recommend a really absorbant brand that will keep me dry? Terrified it will happen while I'm out and about.

libbyssister Tue 24-May-11 22:39:51

I found the Lansinoh pads could soak up loads. Of course, they're a bit more expensive than other brands but they really did the job. Alternatively you could use plastic breast shells like the Avent ones. They can collect quite a volume of milk and then you could save it (although it sounds like you might not need the extra?!)

DirtyBit Tue 24-May-11 22:58:09

I might try those, do they not leak at all?
I don't mind having extra, she's a fussy feeder so sometimes she will only drink from a bottle, depends on her mood. Also DP loves feeding her, so that's a plus.

MigGril Wed 25-May-11 14:51:59

Sounds like you may have a bit of an over supply problem expressing to much isn't going to help. As OP says the breast shell's that collect milk mite be a good option.

How old is she? You say she sometime's woun't feed from you, you need to be carefull she doesn't develop a preferance for the bottle. I think it would be a good idea to have a chat with a BF counciler or visit your local BF cafe.

Cosmosis Wed 25-May-11 14:54:02

Lansinoh are the most absorbant I have found.

MigGril Wed 25-May-11 14:56:32

Have a read hear and see if any of this applies
www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/baby/fussy-while-nursing.html

The fussing at the breast could be a sign of oversupply/forcefull letdown. I don't think we could really tell by your post and it's best for you to have a read and speck to someone about it which is why I recomend a BF counciler.

4pudding Wed 25-May-11 20:39:17

Lansinoh for me too.

cinnamongreyhound Wed 25-May-11 21:18:54

I like the tommee tippee ones they have something like crystals/gel inside them so they are absorbant and thin. How old is your baby? If it's early days then I wouldn't recommend expressing too often as it will just keep your supply high, if you leave them to be a bit fuller your body will respond and stop producing as much milk.

libbyssister Thu 26-May-11 18:47:19

The Avent shells collect about 1oz easily. I did sometimes get a bit of overflow (!) but generally they were fine. Sometimes when I was feeling particularly lazy I'd just let me boob drip into one of those sterile milk storage bags blush

Annpan88 Fri 27-May-11 19:42:00

How old is your baby? I had this problem in the first couple weeks and used the advent shells but they where tricky (for me). Eventually I stopped leaking as much but found the tommy tippee ones great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now