Talk

Advanced search

colic - what did you swear by?

(14 Posts)
soppypreggyloon Tue 24-May-11 16:01:09

dd is suffering bless her.
infacol isn't doing much, gripe water neither.
she spends all day grunting and squirming, hits 7pm and cries and cries and then gives up about 10.30 only to repeat as necessary throughout the night.

i know time's a great thing etc but i need to get through this NOW!

what did you swear by?

TIA smile

marylou242 Tue 24-May-11 16:29:34

Bio gaia probiotic drops. Like yakult but suitable from newborn, it sorts out the bacteria in their digestive system. We tried everything, and I mean that, but gio gaiai is the only thing that helped. It was like a miracle cure.

WearegoingonaKwazihunt Tue 24-May-11 16:47:28

Cranial osteopathy.

DorisDoesntDance Tue 24-May-11 17:40:44

baby massage and gripe water

Notacluetoo Tue 24-May-11 21:32:39

Cranial osteopathy here too!

thingsabeachanging Tue 24-May-11 21:36:04

Colief! Blooming fantastic stuff

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 25-May-11 16:21:47

Baby massage, no nappy time, a bath and Dentinox.

LittleBlueBoat Wed 25-May-11 16:27:54

inforcol
fresh air
shifts with DH

LittleBlueBoat Wed 25-May-11 16:29:43

Walking up and down stairs

InAStateOfReflux Wed 25-May-11 17:36:36

Colief! Worked for my dd. It really depends what is causing the colic, which is such an umbrella term. Colief will sort her out if she is suffering a bit with lactose overload/temporary lactose intolerance which can be common, and usually resulted in dd coming off the breast screaming and green explosive poos IOE...

DocTom Sat 28-May-11 21:27:13

Completely agree with the above post about colic being a real umbrella term - in reality there are lots of causes for intestinal spasm and discomfort as their little bellies get used to the big wide world.. Colief / Infacol / Denitnox etc help with specific causes whilst massage, cranial osteopathy etc seem to help with symptoms and may be effective for a number of causes. Having been through this with all my lot I really do hope you get there smile

bessie26 Sat 28-May-11 22:23:51

Colic massage 3 times a day (my HV got someone to come round & show me what to do, but you could just search on uTube)
Crying
Eating alot of chocolate
Sleeping

jjkm Mon 30-May-11 18:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bessie26 Mon 30-May-11 20:41:50

Ooh yes, forgot about that! When DD1 was 3 (nearly 4) months old she went from being up all night screaming to sleeping through within a couple of weeks! gringrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: