Talk

Advanced search

Nipples suddenly sore at 15months?

(12 Posts)
bringbackaqualibra Wed 16-Feb-11 20:03:13

I never usually have any pain with BF. But lately my nipples have been really sore - for a week or so... Very sensitive and tingly - then a sharp pain when DS latches on and sore afterwards.
DS was teething but he's not anymore - could his latch have just suddenly changed? I feel like I've got a newborn again - digging out the Lasinoh!
Any tips/experiences very welcome

HettyAmaretti Wed 16-Feb-11 20:04:44

Could you be pregnant? That's just what it felt like to feed DD when I'd not long conceived DS.

bringbackaqualibra Wed 16-Feb-11 20:18:46

Aaaaagh... there is a very small possibility.
Did think of this but then thought it could be PMT? Has anyone has this with PMT? Or different latch?

bringbackaqualibra Fri 18-Feb-11 14:29:57

Anyone? Any experiences/info really welcome! <desperate emoticon>

apples82 Fri 18-Feb-11 14:46:00

Why not do a pregnancy test bringbackaqualibra and then you can rule that out if it is negative?

bringbackaqualibra Fri 18-Feb-11 14:54:45

Yes, have ordered some from the net! Just obsessing meanwhile... not actually due on until early next week. Quite worried TBH as would be big shock and v. unplanned.

Babieseverywhere Fri 18-Feb-11 17:22:40

I found that from time to time, my children's latch would need watching, especial after new teeth broke through. It would be worth asking for a big mouth before he latches and make sure he has got a big mouthful if breast and is not slipping off. If you take him off every time it does not feel right, hopefully his latch will improve....or you might be pregnant ;)

WoTmania Sat 19-Feb-11 09:29:24

Pregnancy? Or, some women find that around ovulation they get very tender, others find that their supply dips during ovulation and/period

WoTmania Sat 19-Feb-11 09:29:43

sorry: and/or period

jaggythistle Sat 19-Feb-11 14:35:59

mine do get really sensitive for about a week leading up to ovulation. i can actually feel them rubbing on my top - ouch! it is most odd.

they feel a bit sensitive /sore when DS feeds but not too bad.

dispondantandthensome Sat 19-Feb-11 15:30:52

SAME, WITH ME oops when I was pregnant I had this....

Zara03 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:43:09

Pls any one help I am on clomid 150mg thn taken blood test on day 21 it's says ma progestrone level s 60 now a days I feel sore nipples I don't knw wAt s this .. I was trying for a baby around 3 years ..pls anyone can help me out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now