Talk

Advanced search

Clare Byam Cook Contact Details Wanted Please!

(90 Posts)
pussycat5 Mon 17-Jan-11 11:41:45

hi - does anyone have Clare Byam Cook's contact email or phone number? Many thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jan-11 12:18:30

Who is she?

HettyAmaretti Mon 17-Jan-11 12:22:55

If you're looking for BF advice / support there are many better informed advisers, IMHO.

IIRC there are MNers who've seen her, have a look in the archive.

DanceInTheDark Mon 17-Jan-11 12:23:24

Ask Gina Ford wink

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jan-11 12:29:00

pipkin if it is help with Bfing you are after, have you tried your local branch of NCT, LLL and ABM? They may have Bfing Counsellors who are free and in your area.

I'd try them first.

In the meantime, is there anything we can help you with?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jan-11 12:30:00

Sorry pussycat5.

freshmint Mon 17-Jan-11 12:31:13

She works with christine hill whose number is 020 8994 434. If you phone them they will give you her number

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jan-11 12:40:13

pussycat5 just wanted to add one last thing. If you are going to pay for Bfing Advice please check that what the qualifications are of the person before you employ them.

There are a couple around us who haven't had any training, charge a fortune and give some very dodgy information from what I've heard.

freshmint Mon 17-Jan-11 12:41:25

she asked for contact details, not patronising posts on whether she should be contacting her fgs

poor pussycat!

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 17-Jan-11 12:57:09

Freshmint - those posts were not patronising.

Just advising of an alternative.

CBC - charges for her advice, whereas an NCT/SureStart/LLL BFC will give you advice for free.

freshmint Mon 17-Jan-11 13:29:22

yes was patronising

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 17-Jan-11 13:51:52

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

pussycat5 Tue 18-Jan-11 08:36:17

Thanks for the advice everyone - I am more than happy to pay this lady to get me started properly on bfeeding. (I tried calling some of the bfeeding helplines yesterday, no answer! great) It is a well known fact that a lot of new mothers get sent home from hospital without knowing how to do it properly as the midvies simply don't have the t ime. Clare Byam Cook's book comes highly recommended, What to Expect when Breastfeeding and What to do when you can't. She also does call outs and is confident she can get most people who want to breast feed - feeding. She also does 1 to 1 sessions should you feel this necessary. I haven't even had my baby yet but am booking her in as soon as I have. Money well spent in my opinion!!

bronze Tue 18-Jan-11 08:37:31

Now thats an advert if I ever saw one.

pussycat5 Tue 18-Jan-11 08:45:46

Thanks Freshmint for the contact number. Bronze I'm not advertising. Just passing on the info I was given at the weekend by a friend who told me about her. Based on her amazing twin girls who are now 3 and 5 month old son she's clearly getting something right and swears by this book...

tiktok Tue 18-Jan-11 08:50:24

pussycat5 - sorry you got no response from the bf lines you called. They are all run by volunteers, and it is only the NCT breastfeeding line that guarentees a response - you either get straight through to someone or you are invited to leave a message and someone gets back to you. You may not have tried this option.

If you want to, it's 0300 330 0771.

I agree that mothers are sent home from hospital sometimes still confused and worried.

Hope you get the help and support you want, wherever and whoever it's from.

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 18-Jan-11 10:49:26

Is CBC the one that reckons babies should be weaned at 12 weeks or 12lbs?

tiktok Tue 18-Jan-11 11:16:21

Yes, MoonUnit.

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 18-Jan-11 11:19:09

My cousin's son was 10lb5oz at birth at 12lb by 6 weeks! I wonder how that would work...

RubyBuckleberry Tue 18-Jan-11 12:14:25

Clare Byam-Cook
Breast feeding expert. If you've got a feeding problem, call Clare.
020 8788 8179

I found this by googling christine hill. she does advocate formula at 3/4 months if the baby is not sleeping through confused. nice.

Greythorne Tue 18-Jan-11 12:19:16

Pussycat5
are you CBC?

tiktok Tue 18-Jan-11 12:24:44

Ruby, on BBC Breakfast she was very clear on this. At 8-12 weeks, if a breastfed baby is waking, then formula is advised.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 18-Jan-11 12:31:38

shock

crikeybadger Tue 18-Jan-11 12:33:39

Here's a quote from here in The Guardian 2005

"It's not rocket science: what you need to do is shape the breast so it's doughnut-shaped rather than apple-shaped, and when the baby's mouth opens you shove her on and she starts feeding happily away. "

Not sure I'd be happy with anyone shoving my baby on. hmm

Anyway, there are loads of previous threads about her on here so the OP could always search those before she makes a decision about if she is the right person for her.

Hopefully pussycat5 you'll get on just fine with bfing (many women do) and won't need to pay for additional help.

RubyBuckleberry Tue 18-Jan-11 13:15:00

unbelievable. and labelled a bfing counsellor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now