Talk

Advanced search

Winding/nappy change during night time

(8 Posts)
Dozeyland Sat 15-Jan-11 20:05:44

When did you stop winding or changing Dc's nappy during night feed?

My friend said shes stopped changing her 5MO DS in the night?

I still change DD...

ethelina Sat 15-Jan-11 20:08:46

I dont wind Boy in the night anymore, he's 18 weeks old, he copes just fine. He has a nappy at 6.30pm and as long as I change him by 6.30am next morning theres no problem. He never poos in the night luckily for me. If I leave it longer than 12 hours though the nappy gives up and he ends up with wet clothes and bag.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Jan-11 20:10:20

I think I stopped when she didn't feed at night anymore. Otherwise her nappy was like a sack of spuds!

Seona1973 Sat 15-Jan-11 20:10:48

I stopped when ds was a couple of months old and had stopped pooing in the night. I left the nappy on if it was just wet.

MoonUnitAlpha Sat 15-Jan-11 20:12:19

Never bothered winding in the night (or in the day really). Can't remember when I stopped changing at night - 6 weeks maybe? Once he stopped pooing at night anyway, no need to change a wet nappy.

ethelina Sat 15-Jan-11 20:14:07

The last time I had to change him in the night because he was soaked right through, I went up a nappy size and it hasn't happened again.

lurcherlover Sat 15-Jan-11 20:58:44

DS is eleven weeks - he has his bath at 6.30pm, so fresh nappy on after that, and then that's it til morning (he wakes at 7.30). Occasionally if he's still wide awake at 10pm I'll change it again. I find he pees a lot more when he's awake, and if he goes to sleep soon after his last feed his nappy is full by the morning, but often not as heavy as you might expect.

Dozeyland Sat 15-Jan-11 20:59:39

DD is 3 months old on Wednesday and I normally feed and change nappy around 11 ish, then again at about 4/5 ish..

Her nappies are always heavy in the night and i feel bad if i leave her in a socked nappy. she never poo's in the night as she is a weekly pooper wink

Plus when she stirs in the night, she;s never awake - she'll have a quick feed, then i burp her as she does take in a lot of wind sometimes. then she'll fall back to sleep.

is it possible that her full wet nappy is waking her up?

I feel terrible if i dont wind DD after feed, Plus if i don't - i know she'll stir for ages until she's been burped

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: