Talk

Advanced search

Recurring blocked duct

(2 Posts)
Haggisfish Thu 13-Jan-11 23:17:24

Hello all,
Well, my little one is 6.5 months old and still bf. I have gone back to work 4 days a week and express once at work. However, I keep getting a recurring blocked duct on one side only. It's in my tiny boob, as well - it seems so unfair! The boob is not overly full and is still soft. They did get very full on Monday, but I pumped and baby fed when I got home and it has developed again over the last 24 hours. it is very painful, with no obvious white blockage at tip. I can feel a round smooth lump about half a cm back from nipple. I have had hot bath/massaged/drunk water as I think I may be dehydrated (am a teacher, so talk a lot!).

Anyone any tips on how to avoid them or had problems like this before? I suppose I am slightly concerned because I will be reducing the number of feds soon, and am worried this will keep happening for the next year until I stop!

Thanks in advance.

Ieattoomuchcake Sat 15-Jan-11 23:07:10

Sorry I don't have any great advice but just wanted to say I feel your pain.
I am just BF DD, not expressing, so not sure what my reason is, but I keep getting a blocked duct. It's on the side of my boob nearest my arm and sometimes it gets so sore it really hurts to move my arm.

I just keep getting DD to feed from it and she always removes the blockage within a day or so.

The only tips I've received are to keep feeding from that side and to massage the blockage while feeding.

Its blocked at the moment and I hear DD harrumphing in her bed so I'm off for a feed now, see if she unblocks me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now