Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be secretly proud (and amused) by...

(20 Posts)
SeaShellsDreamingOfSummer Wed 12-Jan-11 15:00:29

That my 2.2yo Ds is trying to bf his Teddy?!!

He has been very jealous of his little sister and feeding, but he is finally being lovely to her, and watching him lift his top saying "milk" made me laugh!!

He is fascinated with her bottles of ebm too-hopefully I've done one little step towards normalizing bm and feeding LO

putthekettleon Wed 12-Jan-11 15:53:59

haha, it made me secretly proud the other day when DD (2.8) said she needed to feed her new dolly and completely ignored the bottle that came with it but shoved it up her jumper instead! grin

She was also patting her head and saying quietly 'come on baby, there you go...' the sort of things I say to her little sister when feeding. Bless...

weeandpoo Wed 12-Jan-11 16:06:47

A friends little girl bf's her dolly now because most of the mums where we live feed in front of her.

Her mum does get the odd comment when she does it on trains

nappydaysagain Wed 12-Jan-11 16:12:47

That brought back memories, my DS who's now 9 used to BF his teddies by pocking them down the neck of his tshirts when I BF his brother. He was 2yrs5 months when DS2 was born.

SeaShellsDreamingOfSummer Wed 12-Jan-11 16:13:58

grin I just (for some reason) never thought about him copying it, of course it makes sense now!

coldcomfortHeart Wed 12-Jan-11 17:48:12

Sounds adorable, but I had the opposite reaction when DS, then just 2y, and not hugely into role play yet, picked up a doll at a toddler group and tried to feed it with a big syringe from a doctors set, i.e. bottle.

This was a toddler himself breastfed, very keen to comment on breastfeeding whenever he saw it, and who has a story about animals/babies nursing which he requests over and over. It made be realise how bottlefeeding really is the norm in our society. Interesting but a bit sad

SeaShellsDreamingOfSummer Wed 12-Jan-11 18:19:20

He also tried his sippy cup to feed (and also held it to his belly button to get milk hmm ) ... it's a cute age (blanks daily tantrums from mind!)

DitaVonCheese Wed 12-Jan-11 19:43:37

YANBU, I love it when DD (also 2) feeds her toys grin

Today she really amused me - she has two cups, one cow one and a Mothercare one, and claimed during lunch that one was the mummy and the other was the baby (I think cow cup was the baby), then the baby had bee-bee by putting its spout up against the other cup's um chest grin

mawbroon Thu 13-Jan-11 00:19:16

DS1 did this when he was younger. He actually cried the day I told him that he wouldn't ever have a baby in his tummy or be able to breastfeed one.

I think he's over it now though. smile

SeaShellsDreamingOfSummer Thu 13-Jan-11 09:01:30

grin they are so funny

theborrower Thu 13-Jan-11 09:05:59

Aw these stories are so cute

sheeplikessleep Thu 13-Jan-11 09:11:34

Ds1 was very fortunate that whichever teddy he was trying to fed was a very efficient feeder - a couple of seconds and 'done' grin

LooL00 Thu 13-Jan-11 09:49:17

DC1 used to bf his teddy and also sometimes his tractor. And sometimes the big tractor would bf the little one.

xMrsSx Thu 13-Jan-11 10:06:47

LooLOO... that just made me actually laugh out loud! Bfing tractors - Brilliant! grin

Notanexcitingname Thu 13-Jan-11 13:52:49

You lucky lot. Mine brought his soft toys to me to feed. I'd enough to do feeding milk monster mark two without feeding the bloody teddy as well. And I drew the line at the crocodile.

SeaShellsDreamingOfSummer Thu 13-Jan-11 14:56:40

Ha ha ha!!! I'm not surprised I've fed a toothed 12 mth old but I'd draw the line at a crocodile too

putthekettleon Thu 13-Jan-11 15:15:21

grin laughed out loud at the tractors and the crocodile, bless 'em, they are brilliant!

lexxity Thu 13-Jan-11 15:23:17

lovely isn't it? DS1, 5, likes to help his brother have buvvas and always tells me that DS2 needs boobies mummy.

catwhiskers10 Fri 14-Jan-11 11:12:35

Your post really made me laugh. How sweet!
I am a person who never cared one way or the other about breastfeeding vs bottle-feeding until I had DD. I thought I'd try breastfeeding and see how it went for a few weeks, nearly 11 months on we're still going strong and now I get slightly offended by those dolls that come with bottles to "feed" them.

PinkIsMyFavouriteCrayon Fri 14-Jan-11 15:29:58

Bless him! You should get him one of these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now