Talk

Advanced search

Itchy nipples....

(7 Posts)
CardyMow Tue 11-Jan-11 22:49:27

Is it possible to get thrush in your nipples before you give birth? I'm asking because my nipples are so so so itchy it's unbelievable, and as I'm 39+2, if I have got thrush in my nips, I'd like to get rid of it before baby arrives so that I don't give it to him. It's not let-down, that feels 'different' (am getting let-down, but that's more of an internal 'tingle' IYSWIM). I have bf my other 3 dc, and never had this itchiness before.

If it is thrush in my nipples, how would I treat it? (And how would I know, It's not as if I'm going to get my nips out for the MALE GP at my A/N tomorrow, MW on annual leave atm).

CardyMow Tue 11-Jan-11 22:50:26

And no female GP at our surgery, we only get one visit once a month, which I've (typically) just missed!

CardyMow Wed 12-Jan-11 22:01:35

Bump for advice.

shirleyhyypia Wed 12-Jan-11 22:06:45

Dont want to leave you unanswered

I know youre more likely to get thrush in pregnancy, I had it downstairs at about 39 weeks, but I cant find any refs to getting it in your nipples before birth? Sure it probably is possible though...

I was given thrush cream, its safe to use in pregnancy, so I guess you'd just use that??

shirleyhyypia Wed 12-Jan-11 22:07:45

Btw, you might wanna mention it to your doctor, they didnt even examine me as its so common in late pregnancy

MoonUnitAlpha Wed 12-Jan-11 22:09:24

I had itchy nipples during pregnancy - not thrush just some weird pregnancy thing!

Oblomov Wed 12-Jan-11 22:22:53

Oh I had very itchy nipples all the way through pg'nancy. And whilst bf'ing. Never thought anything of it.
Is it abnormal then ? Has it 'got' to be thrush or something serious ?

Actually, I still have a good scratch, even now, regularly. Come to think of it, I think I always have. Obs goes of to ponder hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: