Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

powder formula

(3 Posts)
pugsmum Mon 10-Jan-11 10:00:59

I have just switched from carton formula to powder formula but I am finding when I hav mixed it up after shaking it it is very bubbly!! My son is a very windy baby and I am worried this will make him worse. Is it supposed to b this bubbly or am I doing it wrong? And how can I prevent it

aPixieInMyCaramelLatte Mon 10-Jan-11 10:04:04

When I started feeding ds1 on formula I found the same thing.

I used to give the bottle a couple Of quite hard (but not too hard) taps on the worktop which would get rid of most of the bubbles.

pugsmum Mon 10-Jan-11 15:16:34

Ah thanx for your feedback I have been trying this all day but it doesn't seem to b working it is the milk seems to completely froth up and double in size! Also he ahs been really grizzly all day and not fin his feeds I think is is making his windd worse !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: