Talk

Advanced search

Any participants of EAT Study?

(2 Posts)
cinnamongreyhound Sun 09-Jan-11 22:07:49

Just wondering if anyone is participating and how you feel if you are in the early weaning group? If anyone was planning to ebf for longer but has changed plans because of the group they were put into? Considering putting ds2 into it but feel a bit uneasy about early weaning as I waited until 23 weeks with ds1 and he did very well and eats a wide variety of food at nearly 4.

dodecahedronandonandon Thu 08-Sep-11 14:41:13

Woman's Hour programme today (8/11) about this topic was very interesting, but what was not said was that surely there is a risk that all children who take part in the study might actually develop allergies or intolerances as a result of doing what the study asks of them. Also the study does not seem to be considering the important fact that an increase in allergies and intolerances might be do to with more children having compromised immune systems or damaged guts/digestive systems - potentially caused by the increasing medicalisation of infancy, i.e. multiple vaccinations, antibiotics, ibuprofen and paracetomol, and foodstuffs before the digestive system is naturally developed enough for anything other than breastmilk. I hope this gets mentioned as it seems a dangerous omission! I am loving the fact that this topic is getting looked into but am concerned about how it's being done and what isn't being looked at....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now