Talk

Advanced search

DS has cold, possibly feeding less

(4 Posts)
RufflesKerfluffles Tue 04-Jan-11 17:21:42

Hello,

My DS, EBF, is 5mo and has had a cold for about four days now. I am worried he is feeding less than usual - he is feeding more often, but for a shorter time, so it is hard to tell for sure. He is still getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies (poo was a bit green for the first day or so, but now returned to normal yellow) so he's not feeding too much less, if he is.

The reason I'm thinking he might be feeding less, is that my breasts have been feeling fuller, and I've started leaking through breastpads at night again. How robust is my supply at this stage? Ought I be expressing or anything? If it's relevant, I've tended to over-supply if anything in the past.

Happy to be told I'm being paranoid- I had a difficult start, though that's now a long way behind us, but am inclined to worry!
Thanks.

browneyesblue Tue 04-Jan-11 17:29:37

I'm sure everything is fine. He might be finding it more difficult to feed if he has a cold, which would explain the shorter but more frequent feeds, and your supply should be well established by now.

It's probably just the change in your pattern of feeding that's causing the leaking - it will sort itself out again once he is better

RufflesKerfluffles Wed 12-Jan-11 19:23:43

Thanks - it did indeed all go back to normal once he was better, although then of course I went down with the cold instead!

browneyesblue Thu 13-Jan-11 09:14:42

Good news (not about your cold though!)

I hope you aren't still ill, but if you are, Boots do a cold and flu remedy (the powdered hot drink type) that's okay to take while breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now