Talk

Advanced search

When did your periods return?

(12 Posts)
northlondonchoclover Tue 04-Jan-11 08:12:45

6 and a half weeks! Is this possible???

auburnlizzy78 Tue 04-Jan-11 09:28:15

Eight weeks. Man, was I pissed off.

I wonder if it was because I had to go five hours a couple of times without expressing/BF. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a gap of more than a few hours makes your hormones start to change somehow. Or if you're not BF at all then you get your periods back earlier.

On the plus side, mine used to be epic. Now they are 2 days shorter, 50% lighter and NO PAIN. Almost makes it worth having kids. grin

Fernie3 Tue 04-Jan-11 09:29:55

after 7 weeks i had a day of bleeding (bleeding from birth stopped at about 5). but now 5 months since she was born and nothing else.

with my non breastfed babies it was 5 weeks each time

YunoYurbubson Tue 04-Jan-11 09:32:32

Dd - 15 months after stopping bfing.

Ds - 26 months after cutting down bfing a bit.

browneyesblue Tue 04-Jan-11 09:37:26

I had a day of bleeding at 7 months, but nothing since - DS is now 9 months. I am still BF.

wolfhound Tue 04-Jan-11 09:40:05

Think it depends a lot on whether you're BF or bottle feeding, and, if BF, whether you feed a lot at night. I BF & fed a lot at night, and my periods didn't return until I stopped BF. In fact, after DC1, I didn't have another period at all - got pg with DC2 1 yr later, when stopped BF. Then, after DC2, no periods again till stopped BF at 1 yr. Have to say, it is rather nice not having periods (pg again now). But I met someone with 2 babies 9.5 months apart the other week, so I guess you can ovulate right after birth!

gorionine Tue 04-Jan-11 09:43:04

DD1 : started my periode back after 6 months, she was still BF

I cannot remember when after DSs 2 and 3 but was shorter than 6 months

DD4 : periode started back 6 weeks after giving birth, grr!

LilyBolero Tue 04-Jan-11 09:44:31

Mine seem to wait till I'm not feeding at night, and just a bit in the day - ds1 it was 6 months, dd 7 months, ds2 was 9 months, and don't know with ds3, nothing yet at 7 months.

bronze Tue 04-Jan-11 09:46:18

at about 3 months the first 3times this time 2 days before Christmas. ds3 is 21 months

northlondonchoclover Tue 04-Jan-11 10:23:36

Exclusively bf and first baby. Grrr

threetimesabridesmaid Wed 05-Jan-11 00:41:04

Had my first on Christmas Day (DD 6.5mths) - of all the days... The one where no shops are open! Unsure if due to finally getting DD to go through the night (yay!) or of my body wanted to leap straight into sync with Dsis, who I was staying with & had her period - or is the 'in sync' thing a schoolgirl myth?

babeinthewood Wed 05-Jan-11 00:50:06

lol - no its not a myth, my sister and I were in sync when I lived with her and bizarrely we still are even though Ive had two babies since then. You're periods come back when they want to, bit like when they start...everyone's different!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: