Talk

Advanced search

Antibiotics for chest infection - will i get ductal thrush again?

(7 Posts)
wickedfairy Mon 03-Jan-11 08:18:48

Hi,

Have a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics to combat it. When DD was born was given AB's for episiotomy issues and ended up with her having oral thrush and me with ductal thrush.

Does anyone know if I am likely to get ductal thrush again this time? <hoping not emoticon>

Really hope not, it was such a pain before and I forgot to ask the doctor when I got this prescription. Thanks!

NotQuiteCockney Mon 03-Jan-11 08:35:00

Thrush is much more likely if your nipples are damaged, as it gives the yeast a route in - how were your nipples last time? How are they now?

CamperFan Mon 03-Jan-11 09:38:52

It is possible - get some super strength probiotics to keep it at bay.

wickedfairy Mon 03-Jan-11 10:32:53

Last time was with newborn, first week - so they were pretty chewed. DD 5months now, so they appear ok.

Will get some probiotics as suggested. Thanks!

wickedfairy Mon 03-Jan-11 10:33:20

p.s are strong probiotics like Yakult??

CamperFan Mon 03-Jan-11 11:59:23

No Yakult is not strong at all - you need billions of "organisms" (says on label). Best would be something like Biocare, but Boots also do one which is 3 billion per capsule, but I would double the dose. If you get the 3 for 2 offer is not so bad as they're not cheap!

wickedfairy Mon 03-Jan-11 14:46:46

Ok, thanks very much!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: