Talk

Advanced search

Recurring lump and pain

(2 Posts)
Haggisfish Fri 24-Dec-10 20:57:58

Hello everyone
I have posted before about my painful boob - basically it is sore in one place with general tenderness all over much of the time, particularly around the base towards the armpit.

However, of late I have been having really sharp pain in the lower right hand side of my boob - when I had a small feel, I could feel a sdlightly oblong lumpo there that was very painful to the touch. I desperately masssaged/rubbed it towards the nipple while baby was feeding and it seems to have gone away. However, it keeps coming back in the same place. Does this sound familiar to anyone - a recurring lump in one place while feeding? I also don't have the other signs of mastitis such as redness, hardness or fever.

I had an ultrasound recently which showed normal glandular material, but the lump wasn't there then.

I am really just after reassurance that it can be normal!

Thank you all for your help and support - my baby was 6 months yesterday and breast fed - without the help of others on here I wouldn't have made it! I'm well chuffed!

Haggisfish Fri 24-Dec-10 20:58:31

ps. I am talking about my left boob, so the pain is more towards the centre of my chest than my armpit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now