Talk

Advanced search

Good night formula (with cereal): which teat/cup will it flow through?

(6 Posts)
peasizedbladder Fri 24-Dec-10 20:04:53

I'm trying my 8 month old on Hipp Good Night Milk (no 6) which is thickened with cereals. Which teat / cups / bottles will it flow from easily?

The tin says to use fast flow teats, which I couldn't get today. I've tried with no luck:
- our existing medium flow teat (Nuk bottle)
- tommee tippee flip top cup - still a very poor flow

I also tried a Doidy cup but he was too tired/frustrated by then so I gave up.

Any tips greatfully received before I buy half of Boots!

lindsell Fri 24-Dec-10 20:13:33

My ds has this and it's great for getting him to sleep through! I just cut a bigger hole in his tommy tippee teats - works just fine! grin

TheSugarPlumFairy Fri 24-Dec-10 20:48:28

try looking for a variflow teat. They work well with thicker flow milks.

Merry Christmas :-)

peasizedbladder Sat 25-Dec-10 01:18:18

great, thank you! given the timing, i will try cutting a whole in his existing teat tomorrow night and go shopping for the variflow if that doesn't work. you never know we may manage to not wake the whole extended family (4 kids under 3!!) when we are away from home tomorrow night!!

merry xmas!

MumNWLondon Sat 25-Dec-10 20:27:05

works best with variflow teat, worked with the avent one, angled to the fastest flow. works ok with the avent teats for 6 months.

the formula worked for us is getting him to sleep alnight!

festivefriedawhingesagain Sat 25-Dec-10 22:49:11

I tried one tin with DD, it was new on the market then.

Made no difference to sleep at all, went back to normal milk. I found it tended to go very sludgey at the bottom of the bottle even when mixed as per instructions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: