Talk

Advanced search

why do they go so long inbetween poops?

(15 Posts)
Lynzjam Fri 24-Dec-10 12:42:35

3.5 month old DD has gone a week without a poop but i'm not concerned about her. She's doing lots of stinky farts and wet nappies.
She is breast fed by the way.

Just wondering why they do this? Is it a growth spurt and she's utilising all the milk she eats?

jaggythistle Fri 24-Dec-10 13:12:55

hehe! She's saving one up for your Christmas present grin

I'm just jealous because mine has pooped every day of his 15 months except for maybe 3.

Still get at least 2 a day normally....

jaggythistle Fri 24-Dec-10 13:13:26

Your eyes will be watering at the wind shock

Lynzjam Fri 24-Dec-10 13:51:57

Oh yes! It's really bad!

We reckon she will do a Christmas poo and it will explode all over her velvet dress!

ginger2000 Fri 24-Dec-10 16:49:35

gosh - I wish this was my 3 month old - we get as many as 6 or 7 (sometimes more) a day!

mylifewithmangers Fri 24-Dec-10 16:52:00

My DDs record was 12 days. Nearly ruined the car seat when it came!

DS on the other hand never likes to leave a nappy undecorated hmm

Lynzjam Fri 24-Dec-10 18:24:43

Oh man can't be doing with crap on the car seat!

We have had a little follow through with a fart. So there's definitely something in the pipeline!

Dozeyland Fri 24-Dec-10 21:52:51

My 8week old DD is the same! tomorrow will be 1 week since last poo!

Lots of stinky wind & wet nappies. she did 10 days, then 8 days now im waiting .....

i guess the breast milk is so good they just want to store it!!

porcamiseria Fri 24-Dec-10 21:55:08

mine went 2 weeks, its cos they get everything they need from the BM. fret ye not

muslimah28 Fri 24-Dec-10 22:43:36

yes the velvet dress will probably be ruined. a sure fire way to get ds to poo when he was going so long between poos was to put him in nice clothes. preferably new, and white.

organiccarrotcake Sat 25-Dec-10 00:07:23

DS2 was at about 10 days when he was christened - in the christening gown his father, his father's siblings and his father's father (!) had all been christened in!

We wrapped him in a best (cloth) nappy, most reliable wrap and then popped a pair of tights on him just in case grin.

In the end it was all ok but then he threw up on the gown instead and it was obviously hand wash only... grin

jandmmum Sat 25-Dec-10 21:57:40

hehe this thread is really funny! My DD is opposite at least 3 a day... do wonder why some go so long and some not.

whatagradeA Sat 25-Dec-10 22:01:57

They say that bm is so ideal for them that there's hardly anything to waste - it's all utilised by the body. My 2 dc both went 7-14 days between poos til about 6 months [relieved real nappy washer] smile Although why some poo more often is anybody's guess!

ChunkyPickle Sat 25-Dec-10 22:17:59

I am envy - my 4.5 month (EBF) old's always been a 6 or 7 a dayer - and that's full nappies (appropriately coloured too), not little spodges!

He'd be 50% poo if he went a week holding it in!

porcamiseria Sun 26-Dec-10 16:04:55

try eating lentils....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now