Talk

Advanced search

why is ds fussing while feeding?

(6 Posts)
GrizzlyMacDuff Wed 22-Dec-10 12:23:11

he is an almost 13 month old breastfed boy, has a bit of a cold.

He has fed on one side, gone to sleep while suckling. took him off he cried as he does when not finished. When i put him back on he suckles, yet pushes himself back with hands like he does not want any more and pulls his head back yet grips tight with mouth continuing to suckle, and sort of 'chew' all the while grumbling. if i take him of, his grip on my nipple is fixed and i have to prise him off, followed by crying.

GrizzlyMacDuff Wed 22-Dec-10 12:33:38

?

GrizzlyMacDuff Wed 22-Dec-10 19:36:43

just bumping for the evening crowd, he settled ok on the other side, after a small fuss.

And the same this evening, not settling on my right side, but settling ok on my left.

Any ideas?

chillichill Wed 22-Dec-10 19:56:01

fast flow??? has he fed more on that side recently which may have increased your supply? my dd is only 12w so don't know if it'd the same with older babies

belindarose Wed 22-Dec-10 19:58:06

My 16 mo does this from time to time. I would have thought it was the cold, or teething bothering him a bit. Sorry not to be of any help.

GrizzlyMacDuff Thu 23-Dec-10 10:15:40

chilli I think it must be something like that, either fast flow, or my right side is not giving him much at all. He feeds quite a lot on both sides so don't think more on that side, but, maybe without me realising it?

belindarose he could well be teething as i think that is what this cold is about, he did not actually want any milk at all last night at his 11pm feed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: