Talk

Advanced search

Sore nipples after 15months?? Help!

(5 Posts)
blinder Tue 21-Dec-10 09:44:37

Why is my left nipple flaking and sore suddenly?

It's not thrush which I have already had.

Unless I regularly use Lanisoh (which I haven't used since the very beginning) the flat part of my nipple just gets drier and flakier until it's excruciating. Feels like a paper cut, looks like sunburn.

I am baffled as we have been bfing problem free now for a year. Then, this!

Is it some sort of infection? A latch issue? What's going on?

RJandA Tue 21-Dec-10 15:19:03

Is the LO teething? I've heard that can affect their latch, but I don't know why it would only affect one side!

blinder Tue 21-Dec-10 15:27:55

She's not teething particularly. I heard that too RJ but this has been going on for two weeks and no new teeth.

I am absolutely baffled.

Has no one else experienced this?

sambo303 Tue 21-Dec-10 22:23:40

Hi yes, I got this and it was excrutiatingly painful for ages - ds was about 18 months and I think it was his teeth being extremely sharp and maybe because we'd fall asleep together and he'd be chewing away in his sleep for an hour or so. I reduced the number of feeds and used eczema cream on my nipples and eventually it cleared up but was a very unpleasant experience. I'm not sure why it got better but it could be my nipples just got even more like elephant hide than before!! grin

blinder Wed 22-Dec-10 09:24:21

Oh thank goodness I am not going mad then! I really hope it doesn't go on much longer. It's taking the fun out of breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now