Talk

Advanced search

Night feed advice needed (bottle fed baby)

(3 Posts)
pinkhyena Mon 20-Dec-10 04:05:53

Hi,
My lo is 8 weeks old on Tuesday and up until a couple of nights ago would easily take 5-6 oz during the night. Somethings changed because now he wakes up and I can see he wants food but I'll struggle to even get him to have an oz. He keeps falling asleep on the bottle but wakes up as soon as I take it away and he won't take a dummy instead. I had 2 hours of trying to get him to have SOMETHING before I gave up, after I finally put him down though he wouldn't sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time but that's a tale for another time.

Can anyone tell me why he might be doing this, and how I can get him out of the habit? He takes his day time feeds really well but I'm at a loss as to the sudden change at night!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 20-Dec-10 19:33:27

Try moving up to a bigger teat - maybe he's tired but hungry so can't be bothered to suck as hard at night as he does in the day. Good luck x

toddlerwrangler Mon 20-Dec-10 19:46:13

Is he taking a MEGA big feed last thing/dream feed time that means he is fussing during his night feed due to not being overly hungry?

Also agree with trying the faster teat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: