Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding, alcohol, calprofen

(4 Posts)
randomama Sun 19-Dec-10 22:15:22

Hi, can anyone help me please. I've got a 6 mo DD. Had 2 large glasses white wine tonight, she's teething badly, given her calprofen, no EBM left, is it OK to bf her (calprofen given approx 5 mins ago. finished wine approx half an hour ago)
TIA x

RibenaBerry Sun 19-Dec-10 22:19:20

Yes, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't make a habit of breastfeeding after more than a glass personally, but it's such a small amount that makes it through to your milk and it's waaaaay waaaay better for a sad teething baby to have a lovely snuggly feed that to refuse simply because you've had some wine.

stickersarecurrency Sun 19-Dec-10 22:21:07

I wouldn't hesitate. At 6 months of age, and given the tiny amount of alcohol she'll actually be consuming, I think you're perfectly OK to go ahead.

randomama Sun 19-Dec-10 22:26:53

thanks so much. feeding now. i know it's a tiny amount gets through, and normally I wouldn't worry (although don't normally drink this much so randomly and without proper preparation!) was just concerned about the mix with the pain relief. anyway, she seems settled and fine, feeding and snuggling.
thanks so much for your help and fast responses

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: