Talk

Advanced search

Dr Brown bottles/teats

(6 Posts)
burps Sat 18-Dec-10 19:21:31

We have been using Dr Brown bottles and teats for about 8 weeks on my 13 week old DD. Over the past week she has been playing about with the teat in her mouth, pushing it from side to side alot, rather than drinking her milk. Has anyone else had any problems like this? As a consequence she has eaten way less this week than she should have.

toddlerwrangler Sat 18-Dec-10 20:26:12

Is she on the stage one teat? if so it may be worth trying her on stage two. Stge one teats are verrrrryyyyy slllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww so I put Alf on stage 2 at about 6 weeks and never looked back!

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 18-Dec-10 20:29:11

All 3 boys only ever used the first teats otherwise they choked, yet DD started doing what your DD is doing and upping the teat was the answer, as suggested.

burps Sat 18-Dec-10 21:03:15

We put her on stage 2 teats about 5 weeks ago on the advice of the HV as she was taking an age to feed. I don't think we can really put her on the next one already!?

SilveryMoon Sat 18-Dec-10 21:09:15

I'd give the next stage up a go. My ds1 moved very quickly to bigger teats and I started ds2 on size 2 as I forgot to buy the small ones again.
I found these teats to be alot smaller than other brands

cardamomginger Sat 18-Dec-10 21:12:15

dd is almost 12 weeks and is doing exactly the same thing - moves the teat around in her mouth. we're using avent bottles and have been using size 2 teats for a while. she's also been drinking a bit less. like you not sure about putting her onto the next size up. she didn't do this before i moved her from size 1 to size 2 and when she mouths the teat she's staring around her, which doesn't seem to be the behaviour of a hungry and frustrated baby who's having to deal with a teat that's too slow. sorry - not much help really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: